Our client’s goal was to boost foot-traffic in selected shops by making it easy and fun to collect points with a mobile app during shopping.
We developed a system consisting of an iPhone app and two in-house developed hardware pieces which enables the users to automatically check-in and collect points indoors.
The gamified user experience and the built-in social discovery functions are in place to maximize the user engagement. Advanced technologies such as Augmented Reality and in-app image processing are utilized to make the product more exciting for shoppers and more appealing for advertisers.
Here is a short list of what the app is capable of:
- Shoppers can participate in games and complete tasks to win prizes
- Shoppers can join up in teams and receive extra awards for cooperation
- Shoppers can use social discovery to link up with friends and like-minded people
- Malls, brands and shops can create and manage games (including Augmented Reality-based games), scans, walk-ins and reward their customers with prizes
- Brands can create clubs that allow them to increase their social media fan base while rewarding their most loyal customers.
- Malls, brands and shops can receive an in-depth feedback on customer behavior.
And here is a list of the technologies we used:
- Native iOS application (Objective-C)
- Augmented Reality technologies (Unity3D, Qualcomm Vuforia)
- Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare)
- Audio and image processing (QR, barcode, codes)
- Local data storage (CoreData)
- Administrative back-end (RefineryCMS powered Ruby on Rails)
- Communication (REST API with JSON)
- In-house developed high-frequency sound emitter and code display hardware